Who doesn’t have a stash of buttons in their sewing box? Most of our shirts come with extra buttons or we place a fallen button to the side to be sewn on and long forget about it. Do you ever wonder what we can do with all those random buttons lying around?
If you have leftover buttons from shirts you no longer own or don’t think you’ll ever need, try creating something fun and useful with them. We looked at our favorite upcycling blogs and magazines as well as Pinterest to find some easy, DIY projects for all those buttons! Here are five favorites:
1. Create a shade. We found this great picture on Pinterest. Jazz up an old lamp shade by gluing on buttons. This would be a perfect project for a craft or kids room. Be selective about your colors depending on the rest of the room’s décor and use multiple sizes for the best effect.
2. Make an earring holder. If you’re always losing your earrings when you travel, try this great idea from Real Simple Magazine: Sew some buttons to heavy fabric for instant travel storage!
3. Create a button belt! ButtonLust.com shared this great photo. Grab an old belt from your closet or thrift store, or use a wide piece of elastic and attach your buttons away! You can sew them on or glue them on if you want a fast fix.
4. Button Flower Décor. If you need a quick gift for your child’s teachers or a cute way to jazz up a corner, make these pretty button flowers from Better Homes and Gardens. You can also use buttons as filler in the bottom of a vase for an instant upgrade.
5. Bracelets of Buttons. Here’s another perfect gift idea or fun way to make yourself some jewelry. Create these fun button bracelets with instructions from Martha Stewart.
Do you have any button craft ideas? Leave a comment and let us know or post a picture of your craftiness of our Facebook page.