Since June means summer and humidity, it’s time to start figuring out how to change your beauty routine. Our main summer makeup concerns? Fighting humidity and keeping makeup sweat proof. To keep you looking beautiful even in the warm summer sun, here are our top five tips for fighting humidity and making makeup sweat proof.
- Go Waterproof: If you don’t already have a waterproof mascara in your makeup collection, get one. Especially for days at the pool or exercising outside, a waterproof mascara is a must to keep your eyes from looking streaky and raccoon inspired. Keep in mind that there is a difference between waterproof and water resistant. If you’ll be submerging yourself in the water or sweating a lot, opt for the waterproof option
- Get it Wet: Dip your Eye Shading Brush into water before applying your eye shadow. It creates instant eye oomph and dries to a nice glazed finish that lasts.
- Fight Shine: Powder has gotten a bad reputation, but it’s perfect for preventing and fighting shininess. The trick is to use it sparingly and blend, blend, blend. After applying your foundation, swirl your Buffing Brush in a powder that matches your skin tone and then apply to the areas of your face that are prone to getting, or already are, shiny. We recommend using small circular motions on the nose, chin, and in between your eyebrows.
- Hydrate Inside and Out: You hear it a thousand times, the best way to have glowing skin is to hydrate. Aaron Tabor, M.D., author of Nutritional Cosmetics: Beauty from Within tells Glamour Magazine that moisturizing is “about keeping moisture in. So use an oil-free or light moisturizer over damp skin and work from the inside out by drinking extra water to stay hydrated.” Make sure to apply your moisturizer to wet skin and always tote that water bottle with you.
- Protect Your Skin: Use Sunscreen! Keep your face from getting awful sunburn, redness, and peeling by applying sunscreen as part of your makeup routine. It goes on after, or in place of moisturizer. If sunscreen makes your shiny, opt for a version created especially for your face or a powder sunscreen. Color Science makes a powder sunscreen that’s a snap to apply using your Kabuki Brush. If you’re on the go, make sure to toss your sunscreen and Retractable Kabuki Brush in your bag for reapplication. Need more tips on sunscreen? Check out our blog on Summer Sun Protection.
Try our tips and let us know what you think? Do you have any tips or tricks for keeping your makeup looking fabulous during the summer months?
Photo From: WebMD