Makeup brushes can be confusing. If you have never purchased a makeup brush before, how do you know which ones you need? While selecting brushes to use for your makeup routine is a personal choice, there are some makeup brushes you’ll be guaranteed to use almost every day. If you’re looking for sturdy, multi-purpose brushes that don’t take up a lot of space in your makeup bag or vanity, here are six essential makeup brushes you’ll want to have:
1. Concealer Brush – This slim makeup tool is essential for covering up blemishes or applying coverage over brown spots. Why use a concealer brush instead of your finger? Using your fingers to apply concealer can irritate the delicate skin of blemishes or pimples and can also transfer dirt and bacteria into your pores. The right concealer brush will not irritate sensitive skin and help create a flawless finish. As an added bonus, it can also double as a lipstick brush. This is one brush you’ll use almost every day, so it will be the first brush you’ll want to replace when it starts to show signs of wear.
2. Foundation Brush – Similar to the Concealer Brush but fuller and denser, a foundation brush provides an even and flawless finish when applying your favorite liquid or cream foundation. A Foundation Brush is a more eco-friendly alternative to disposable cosmetic sponges and allows you to apply foundation evenly and without worrying about transferring oils from your fingers to your face. Plus, it gives foundation a velvet like finish and professional look.
3. A Big Blending Brush – You’ll want a brush in your collection that can help you blend powder, blush, or even buff your face to a pretty glow. If you wear a lot of powder, you’ll want to opt for a big, fluffy Powder Brush. If you’re looking for a great multi-purpose brush, try our new Buffing Brush. It’s dense, flat topped bristles are perfect for buffing and blending a number of different makeups and can even work for application of mineral makeup. Another great multi-purpose brush? A Kabuki Brush. Similar to the Buffing Brush in style, the Kabuki Brush is lightly packed and features a short, square top perfect for mineral makeup, powder, or blush.
4. Eye Shadow Brush - If you’ve ever tried to apply eye makeup with those tiny plastic applicator brushes, you know how hard it can be. Switching to an eye shading brush gives you more versatility, control, and blending ability. A fluffy eye shadow brush lets you apply color on all parts of your eye and can be used for shading, blending, and highlighting. If you like to use bold colors or cream eye shadow, you should consider purchasing two brushes so you don’t have to wash them as often.
5. Eye Liner Brush – If you’ve never used an eyeliner brush, you’ll want to start asap! This delicate brush provides expert control when applying detailed eye makeup. Its slanted edge makes it perfect for applying fine lines of eyeliner or even eye shadow. Even the shakiest of hands can apply a smooth, straight line with an eyeliner brush. Use it to apply contrasting color under your brows or also spritzed with hairspray to tame unruly eyebrows.
6. Brow & Lash Groomer – This versatile tool is one you’ll use even on non-makeup days. Tame eyebrows or even stray hairline hairs with the thin, firm bristles of the brush, then flip it over and use the comb to remove mascara clumps, and separate eye lashes.
These are the six tools you’ll need to stay looking and feeling beautiful everyday. Of course you don’t have to stop there, check out our entire line of makeup brushes online.
What makeup brushes are your go to everyday brushes? Do you use more brushes for special occasions? Leave a comment and let us know about your favorite brushes!