Ecotools gives back
EcoTools Gives Back by Giving YOU the Chance to Win A $10,000 Donation To The Organization Of Your Choice*
Pay it ForwardShare to give your friends a chance to donate to their favorite organizations.
We're sorry, this is not a winning code...
As a thank you for your purchase, we're giving back to you. Stock up on spring essentials or update your bath accessories and receive 20% off your purchase using the code below at checkout through May. Be sure to copy and save the code in a safe place.
We want you to help us give back!
In celebration of Earth Month, EcoTools is donating $100,000 to the organizations that matter most to you. Throughout the month of April, 10 lucky winners will have the power to choose an organization to receive a $10,000 donation from EcoTools®.
Entry is easy: for every purchase on ecotools.com during April, you'll receive a unique code. Follow the instructions to instantly check if your code is a lucky winner.Have a code?
*No purchase necessary to enter. Organizations must adhere to the guidelines as outlined in the official rules and regulations. Approval of an organization is at the sole discretion of EcoTools. In the event, an organization does not qualify for the donation, the winner has the right to select from a pre-approved list of organizations provided by EcoTools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I win?
For every purchase on ecotools.com, you will receive an 8 digit code*. Once you've received your code, follow the instructions to see if your code is an instant winner.
I won! Now what?
A member of our team will contact you via the email address you provided within 48 business hours to help coordinate your donation. You'll also win a little something to keep for yourself!
Can I enter more than once?
Yes! You will receive a new code with every purchase made on ecotools.com during the month of April*.
Will my organization qualify?
Qualified organizations must be a tax exempt, RS 501(c) (3) non profit organization that aligns with the EcoTools mission of living beautifully. See the official rules for more information.
What if I can't think of an organization that qualifies?No Problem! We have a list of EcoTools partner organizations you can choose from including:
- World Wildlife Fund
- Look Good, Feel Better
- The Nature Conservancy
- 1% for the Planet
- The Jane Goodall Institute
- Ocean Conservancy
- The Conservation Fund
What organizations are ineligible?
The charitable organization may not be any of the following: an individual; an organization whose primary purpose is political or religious; a government agency; an athletic team; or a public or private school district or an individual primary or secondary school.
ECOTOOLS® GIVES BACK
- Eligibility: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. Entry into the EcoTools Gives Back Promotion (the "Promotion"), which includes the entrant's nomination of an "Eligible Charitable Organization" (as defined in Rule 9, below) to receive a charitable donation from Sponsor, is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry and are located in one of the fifty (50) United State or District of Columbia at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to enter or win: employees, directors, officers and independent contractors of Paris Presents Incorporated, ("Sponsor"), Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide ("Administrator"), and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies; as well as any of their distributors, web designers, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies and attorneys involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, "Sponsor & Others"); and the household members and immediate family members (defined as spouses, parents, children, siblings or grandparents; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) of each of those who is ineligible. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Paris Presents Incorporated, 3800 Swanson Ct., Gurnee, IL 60031. Administrator: Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide, 650 Dundee Road, Suite 250, Northbrook, IL 60062.
- Timing: The time period in which to obtain a Code to play in the EcoTools Gives Back Promotion begins on Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Standard Time ("CST") and ends on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 12:00:00 p.m. CST (the "Code Obtaining Period"). The time period in which to play a valid Code received during the Code Obtaining Period begins on April 1, 2014 at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) CST and ends at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) CST on May 1, 2014 (the "Code Playing Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
- How to Get a Code: You will need an official unique code (the "Code") to participate in the Promotion and be eligible to win a prize. You can receive a Code with or without making a purchase.
- To receive a Code with a purchase, place an order on ecotools.com. Once the order is successfully placed, the Code will appear on a designated page on ecotools.com. The Code will also be sent via email to the email address entered during the time of purchase.
- To receive a code without making a purchase, either (i) beginning on April 1, 2014 and ending on April 18, 2014, legibly print your name, complete street address, age, valid email address, and date of your request on a 3"x5" piece of paper and mail it in a properly stamped envelope in which you have enclosed a self addressed properly and sufficiently postage stamped return envelope to: EcoTools Gives Back Promotion Code, 650 Dundee Rd., Northbrook, IL 60065-1162. Vermont residents only may omit return postage. Mail in requests must be postmarked between April 1, 2014 and April 18, 2014, and received by April 23, 2014. Limit one Code sent per valid request. Limit one request per outer mailing envelope. Mail-in requests not in total compliance with the requirements of this Rule will not be processed and you will not receive a Code. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged or postage due requests. IMPORTANT: Non-purchase Codes are not available by mail for requests that are postmarked or received after the eligible dates and will not be acknowledged or returned. – or- (ii) beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CST on April 19, 2014 and ending at 11:59:59 a.m. CST on April 30, 2014, you may receive a Code without making a purchase by submitting an email request that says "Code Request" in the subject line to Administrator at email@example.com. A Code will be emailed back to you within twenty four (24) hours of receipt by Administrator. Limit one request for a Code per email. Any requests made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar duplication method will be disqualified and will not be honored. IMPORTANT: Codes are not available by email before April 19, 2014 or after April 30, 2014. Email requests before or after the eligible dates will not be acknowledged or returned. No other correspondence or email sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org address will be acknowledged, replied to, or returned.
5. How to Play : After you obtain a Code during the Code Obtaining Period, you must do the following to play: (a) visit ecotools.com/gives-back (the "Promotion Website"); (b) input a valid Code where indicated and provide your acknowledgement that you are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and that you agree to be bound by the terms of the Official Rules; (c) press "Submit." The proper completion of these steps shall be considered an "Entry" and the time at which you press "Submit" will be your Entry time, which will determine if you are a potential winner. The results of your Entry will be instantly displayed. Odds of winning depend on timing and order of Entry.
Potential winners will be provided directions for verification within 48 business hours. Potential winners must be verified as eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules before any prize will be awarded. Use of any automated system to participate in the Promotion is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each Code may be used only one time. If a Code has been previously submitted in connection with an Entry, any further attempts to use the Code will be invalid. In the event of an error in distributing Codes or if a distributed Code is defective, participants' recourse is limited to contacting Administrator prior to the end of the Code Obtaining Period and obtaining a replacement Code, while Codes remain available and while time permits. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. ALL CODES ASSOCIATED WITH A POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINSTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE ON SCREEN MESSAGE INDICIATES THAT HE/SHE HAS WON, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE CODE HE/SHE USED IN ORDER TO ENTER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR ANY OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VERIFICATION PROCESS. ANY WINNING ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY RESON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED. ONLY THE ADVERTISED NUMBER OF PRIZES WILL BE AWARED. UNCLAIMED PRIZES WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
7. Winner Determination and Verification of Potential Winners: All potential winning entrants and their nominated Eligible Charitable Organization must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and all fulfillment of prizes are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. There will be ten (10) computer generated winning times during the Code Playing Period, which will be randomly generated and set prior to the start of the Promotion. If you are the first eligible player to Enter at one of the predetermined winning times, you will be a potential winner of the prize associated with such winning time, and will be notified on screen. If there is no Entry at one of the predetermined winning times, the next Entry after the predetermined winning time will be the potential winner of the prize associated with that winning time as indicated on screen. The potential winner (parent/legal guardian if such potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete and sign and return a Release of Liability and Publicity (where legal), a Designation of an Eligible Charitable Organization, and Affidavit of Eligibility (collectively, "Affidavit, Designation & Releases"), which will each be sent as an attachment to an email from Administrator sent to the email address provided on the potential winner's associated registration (the "Winner Verification Email"). The documents attached to the Winner Notification must be completed in their entirety, signed, notarized and returned via U.S. mail postmarked within ten (10) days of the date the Winner Notification email was sent to Administrator at the address provided in the Winner Notification. If the Winner Verification Email is returned as undeliverable or if potential winner fails to sign and return the notarized Affidavit, Designation & Releases within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. If any prize is returned as undeliverable or is otherwise unclaimed, such prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
8. Prizes & Giveaway Items: Ten (10) verified winners will receive (a) the opportunity to nominate an Eligible Charitable Organization (as defined in Rule 9, below) to which the Sponsor will donate $10,000 (the "Donation"); and (b) an EcoTools gift pack with an approximate retail value of $100.00 (the "Tool Prize"). Limit one prize per person, family or household and one donation per charitable organization. Prizes may not be transferred prior to awarding, and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash, except Sponsor may substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if featured prize becomes unavailable.
Total approximate retail value for all prizes to winning entrants is $1,000.00. Total donations to Eligible Charitable Organizations is $100,000.00. Confirmed winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes on the prize they receive.
9. Eligible Charitable Organizations: In order for a charitable organization to meet the definition of an Eligible Charitable Organization for purposes of being approved by Sponsor (in Sponsor's sole discretion) to receive a donation from Sponsor pursuant to this Promotion, the charitable organization must meet the following criteria:
- The charitable organization must be (i) a tax-exempt charitable organization under section 501(c) (3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code, (ii) classified as a public charity by the Internal Revenue Service, and (iii) included in Internal Revenue Service Publication 78 (Organizations Eligible to Receive Tax-Deductible Charitable Contributions) or its online equivalent at the time of verification and at the time the Donation is made.
- The charitable organization's primary mission or purpose must be related to promoting either (i) the health, education or welfare of women and/or girls; or (ii) the protection, conservation, or enhancement of the environment, natural resources or wildlife. The charitable organization may not be any of the following: an individual; an organization whose primary purpose is political or religious; a government agency; an athletic team; or a public or private school district or an individual primary or secondary school.
- The charitable organization must be in keeping with Sponsor's desired image, as determined solely by Sponsor.
If an organization designated by a winner fails to meet the definition of an Eligible Charitable Organization as set forth herein, the winner will have the opportunity to choose an Eligible Charitable Organization from a list of approved charitable organizations provided by Sponsor. If the winner fails to designate an Eligible Organization by the deadline set by Sponsor, Sponsor may choose one on the winner's behalf. By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor regarding whether a particular charitable organization is or is not an Eligible Charitable Organization for purposes of this Promotion, and the decisions of Sponsor in that regard are final, binding and unappealable.
Once an Eligible Charitable Organization is approved by Sponsor, Sponsor will contact such Eligible Charitable Organization to verify compliance with the requirements set forth in this Rule 9. Before the Eligible Charitable Organization will be awarded the Donation, the Eligible Charitable Organization will be required to (a) complete a W9 and New Vendor form provided by Sponsor, (b) sign a release permitting Sponsor and those authorized by Sponsor to use such Eligible Charitable Organization's name and logo in connection with advertising and publicity relating to Sponsor and this Promotion, and (c) complete any agreements, registration materials, compliance reports or other paperwork necessary to comply with any rules, laws or regulations relating to such Donation and subsequent advertising/marketing efforts relating to the Promotion and/or Donation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures, or any other factors beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release: By participating in the Promotion or accepting any prize, each winner agrees to (a) Sponsor & its agencies' use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation or consent; and (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor & Others, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Promotion or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the process of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion, or receipt, or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another Code to play in the Promotion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court located in the State of Illinois; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law as of the State of Illinois, without regard to the conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
- Winners List: For the names of the Promotion winners (individuals and Eligible Charitable Organizations who receive Donations), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by May 20, 2014 to: EcoTools Gives Back Promotion Code, 650 Dundee Rd., Northbrook, IL 60065-1162.
Request by mail
To receive a code please legibly print your name, complete street address, age, valid email address, and date of your request on a 3”x5” piece of paper and mail it in a properly stamped envelope in which you have enclosed a self addressed properly and sufficiently postage stamped return envelope to:
EcoTools Gives Back Promotion Code, 650 Dundee Rd., Northbrook, IL 60065-1162.
Vermont residents only may omit return postage. Mail in requests must be postmarked between April 1, 2014 and April 18, 2014, and received by April 23, 2014.