Calvin Klein said, “the best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural.” If you want a more natural look, but feel best when wearing makeup, then the “no makeup” makeup look is for you. Whether you’re looking for a simpler makeup look or the perfect amount of makeup for your next casual event, follow these dos and don’ts for wearing natural makeup.
- Do pick a lighter foundation. Skip full coverage versions in favor of sheer blends like tinted moisturizers and BB creams. Apply them with a special brush to even out discolorations while still letting your skin show.
- Don’t over do eye liner. Skip black liner, which doesn’t look natural for a little white on the lower rims of eyes to help brighten them. If you want something on your top lash line, use a damp angled liner brush to tightline on a brown shadow.
- Do boost glowiness. A natural makeup look comes with a little healthy glow. Pick cream formulas of makeup to boost glowiness like a shimmering blush or mix in a little luminizer with your BB cream before applying.
- Don’t Pile on mascara. Thick, black lashes are a dead giveaway you’re wearing makeup. Opt for one coat of mascara and comb through with a lash and brow groomer brush. If you want definition without the darkness, use brown mascara instead of black.
- Do pick soft colors. Neutral, warm tones like lipstick and blush shades should enhance your natural coloring says Glamour magazine. A little soft brown in the crease of your eye lids is always a good idea and a lip color that’s just a touch darker than your natural color will be naturally flattering.
Photos from Style.com