Time is tight if you need to freshen up fast. Sometimes there’s just no time to spend 20-30 minutes on your makeup. If you’re heading from day to night, last minute cocktails, or need to apply party makeup quickly, we have some tips for you.
- First thing first: Get the Right Brushes!
You’ll want a group of brushes that multi-task. Our day to night set is perfect for stashing in your bag or desk drawer. All 5 brushes fit in the chic bag that’s included and even has room for a few makeup essentials.
- Add On and Amp Up
When packing your makeup bag, the thing to focus on when changing every day makeup to party makeup is to add on and amp up. Focus on products that enhance and refresh the makeup you already have on. Think concealer, blush or bronzer, an eye liner pencil and a darker lip color.
- Fix Your Foundation
Don’t bother removing and reapplying your foundation. Instead, spritz your face with a facial mist or gently press a damp makeup sponge on your face to re-hydrate your skin. Prone to oiliness? Use a blotting sheet or tissue to remove any excess oil. Apply concealer using a brush to any blemishes and under eyes for an instant pick me up.
- Add Color
Add a little more blush for evening or sweep on a bronzer in a “3” shape from temple, cheek, to jaw to create instant glow. Change up your subtle, nude lips to a bright pink or seasonal, classic red. If you use the straight edge of your lip detailer brush, you can skip the liner.
- Bring on the Drama
If you really want to amp up your look, pop on a pair of false lashes. Also, if your liner from the morning is smudged – leave it. Allure Magazine points out it will look sexier that way and you can just intensify it by tracing over the lash line and winging it out slightly with a pencil or angled liner brush.
Voila! 5 minutes of less and you’re ready to party!
Photo from telegraph.co.uk
Tis the season for selfies! With all the holiday events and parties you’ll be invited to this month, you’ll definitely want to snap some selfies to share with the world. The best way to look great in your photos? Stunning makeup of course! Here are five great tips for creating selfie worthy makeup:
- Use a Primer – Just like good undergarments can make or break an outfit, a layer of mattifying primer will help your makeup look better. It will even out fine lines, wrinkles, and help your makeup last all night. Skin feeling extra dry? Apply moisturizer with a foundation brush before applying primer, then follow with foundation using the same brush.
- Wear Matte Makeup – Warm party rooms, flashes, and close ups can all make makeup look a little shinny. Dewy foundation can read as oily and that shimmery lipstick will look super shiny and slippery up close, so stick to matte makeup for the best look.
- Wear False Lashes – Especially if you’ll be at a glam occasion like a New Year’s Eve party, a smashing birthday party, or having cocktails at a swanky spot, you’ll want to pop on a pair of false lashes. They’ll make your eyes pop and insure your lashes don’t disappear in dim lighting. Grab a pair of our eco-friendly ones available in 5 different styles.
- Apply Liberal Blush – Make sure your cheeks are visible in the photo by applying a little extra blush than you normally would. Grab your buffing brush after application to buff out any edges, for a seamless look. Want your cheeks to look slimmer? Sweep one shade darker than skin tone bronzer into the hollows of your cheeks.
- Skip Subtle – Lucky Magazine reminds you to “Spend a good amount of time applying your makeup, and apply a little more than you usually would (even if you’re going for the ‘no makeup, makeup look).” You want to show off how fabulous you look, so use your beauty skills to enhance your best features.
Now that you have the tips for taking gorgeous selfies, make sure to show us your handi-work! Share your photo with us on Instagram, Facebook or twitter using #EcoTools.
Photo from @christyxiong
If you’re looking for a cute, small beauty themed present to gift to a girlfriend, sister, or just as a small gesture, we have a great idea for you. Create a DIY beauty jar! They’re easy to assemble and make a fun gift. Grab a mason jar and follow these few tips for creating your own mini present:
- Pick a Theme
Think about your gift recipient’s favorite beauty routines. Love manicures? Stash it with all the essentials like mini nail polishes, cuticle balm, nail clippers, and small nail files. Shop our boutique for our back by popular demand bamboo nail files. Is she more of an eye girl? Then go with shadows, mini mascaras, false lashes, and such.
- Stick to Minis
Miniature beauty products are easy to find during the holiday season. Grab sets of mini lip glosses, nail polishes, mascaras, and more then break them up to create multiple jars. Shopping for eye shadows? Pick individual pots instead of palettes as they’ll fit better.
- Don’t Forget Brushes
No beauty jar is complete without the accompanying brushes. Check out last week’s blog on mini makeup brushes for ideas. Our mini brushes are a perfect addition to any jar as well. They work for eyes, lips, or face.
- Put a Bow on it
These gifts are so colorful and cute, you won’t need to wrap it! Just pop on a bow or slide it into a bag and gift away!
Products shown on right: Bare Minerals Pink Persuasion Lip & Cheek Set, Pop Beauty Lovely Little Liners Set, Tweezerman Fresh N Fruity Mini Slant Tweezers, Stilla Eye Shadow in Aquamarine and Opal, EcoTools Mini Essentials Brush Set.
Photo at left from Tidbits and Wine.