Looking for last minute holiday gifts? Forgot a present for your soon to be sister-in-law? Need just one more thing to stuff in that stocking? Grab some EcoTools! They’re inexpensive, easy to wrap, and available at a store near you! Here are some EcoTools that make great last minute gifts. Scroll down for a link to all our retailers.
- EcoPouf - Available in mini, delicate, traditional, or dual cleansing pad, these poufs are super inexpensive and look smashing tied on top of a present in place of a bow! An ecopouf is also easy to stash in a stocking. Shipping a gift? Skip the packing peanuts and cushion with a couple of poufs.
- Brush Sets - Need a small but substantial gift? Grab a brush set! All under $20, brush sets suit a wide range of present receivers. Pick a starter set for someone new to makeup, a day to night set for the gal always on the go, or a flawless face set for the jet setter that needs a pop of color on a dreary business trip.
- Retractable Brushes - Need an extra gift for someone who loves stashing things in their bags, backpacks, and desk drawers? Pick retractable brushes! Brushes with caps like our retractable foundation brush, retractable kabuki brush, and detailed lip brush are excellent for stashing. Their caps protect delicate brush bristles and make on the go application a snap. Plus their pretty bronze color means they need no wrapping. Just tie a bow on if you’re in a pinch.
Who on your list will be receiving EcoTools? Show us their pretty package or expression of joy by sharing a photo on our fan page or on Instagram with the #EcoTools.
Want to see all of our retailers? Click here.
Time is tight if you need to freshen up fast. Sometimes there’s just no time to spend 20-30 minutes on your makeup. If you’re heading from day to night, last minute cocktails, or need to apply party makeup quickly, we have some tips for you.
- First thing first: Get the Right Brushes!
You’ll want a group of brushes that multi-task. Our day to night set is perfect for stashing in your bag or desk drawer. All 5 brushes fit in the chic bag that’s included and even has room for a few makeup essentials.
- Add On and Amp Up
When packing your makeup bag, the thing to focus on when changing every day makeup to party makeup is to add on and amp up. Focus on products that enhance and refresh the makeup you already have on. Think concealer, blush or bronzer, an eye liner pencil and a darker lip color.
- Fix Your Foundation
Don’t bother removing and reapplying your foundation. Instead, spritz your face with a facial mist or gently press a damp makeup sponge on your face to re-hydrate your skin. Prone to oiliness? Use a blotting sheet or tissue to remove any excess oil. Apply concealer using a brush to any blemishes and under eyes for an instant pick me up.
- Add Color
Add a little more blush for evening or sweep on a bronzer in a “3” shape from temple, cheek, to jaw to create instant glow. Change up your subtle, nude lips to a bright pink or seasonal, classic red. If you use the straight edge of your lip detailer brush, you can skip the liner.
- Bring on the Drama
If you really want to amp up your look, pop on a pair of false lashes. Also, if your liner from the morning is smudged – leave it. Allure Magazine points out it will look sexier that way and you can just intensify it by tracing over the lash line and winging it out slightly with a pencil or angled liner brush.
Voila! 5 minutes of less and you’re ready to party!
Photo from telegraph.co.uk
Tis the season for selfies! With all the holiday events and parties you’ll be invited to this month, you’ll definitely want to snap some selfies to share with the world. The best way to look great in your photos? Stunning makeup of course! Here are five great tips for creating selfie worthy makeup:
- Use a Primer – Just like good undergarments can make or break an outfit, a layer of mattifying primer will help your makeup look better. It will even out fine lines, wrinkles, and help your makeup last all night. Skin feeling extra dry? Apply moisturizer with a foundation brush before applying primer, then follow with foundation using the same brush.
- Wear Matte Makeup – Warm party rooms, flashes, and close ups can all make makeup look a little shinny. Dewy foundation can read as oily and that shimmery lipstick will look super shiny and slippery up close, so stick to matte makeup for the best look.
- Wear False Lashes – Especially if you’ll be at a glam occasion like a New Year’s Eve party, a smashing birthday party, or having cocktails at a swanky spot, you’ll want to pop on a pair of false lashes. They’ll make your eyes pop and insure your lashes don’t disappear in dim lighting. Grab a pair of our eco-friendly ones available in 5 different styles.
- Apply Liberal Blush – Make sure your cheeks are visible in the photo by applying a little extra blush than you normally would. Grab your buffing brush after application to buff out any edges, for a seamless look. Want your cheeks to look slimmer? Sweep one shade darker than skin tone bronzer into the hollows of your cheeks.
- Skip Subtle – Lucky Magazine reminds you to “Spend a good amount of time applying your makeup, and apply a little more than you usually would (even if you’re going for the ‘no makeup, makeup look).” You want to show off how fabulous you look, so use your beauty skills to enhance your best features.
Now that you have the tips for taking gorgeous selfies, make sure to show us your handi-work! Share your photo with us on Instagram, Facebook or twitter using #EcoTools.
Photo from @christyxiong