Whether you stick with sleek black or go wild with tiger or leopard, the perfect complement to any cat costume is a classic winged eye. Liner and lashes are key to channeling your inner feline. Here’s your step by step guide to looking like the cat’s meow.
- Apply a full coverage foundation, using a foundation brush for flawless results, and set with powder to create a perfect canvas.
- Next, contour and highlight with the EcoTools Deluxe Fan Brush by applying a matte bronzer just under your cheekbones. Then highlight just above the bronzer to give features a nice pop.
- Keep eye shadow simple with a bone shade over entire lid, defining the crease with a taupe hue.
- To create a classic cat-eye effect, use a black eyeliner to draw a medium to thick line along the upper lash line with a liner brush such as the EcoTools Angled Eyeliner Brush.
- Extend the liner at the outer corners, making sure to pull the line upward so it flows with the natural contour of your eye. Try not to drag the liner downward or straight out as this can make eyes appear tired and droopy, rather than lifted.
- TIP: If you have trouble keeping a steady hand, break the liner into three steps 1) position your slanted liner brush just above and outside the natural lash line, and draw a line from that point down to the corner of your lash line 2) continue the line by tracing along your natural lash line until you reach the center of your eye 3) draw a line from the inner corners of the eye until you connect with the center, creating one cohesive straight line.
- Using a soft kohl pencil, line the lower lash line and smudge using the EcoTools Sharpen & Smudge Duo for a blended smokey effect.
- Add drama by applying EcoTools Naturally Beautiful Lash System in Wispy & Flared to give extra oomph to your outer edges, creating a cat-like almond eye.
- TIP: If you are feeling adventurous, add even more drama by layering the Barely There lashes directly on top of the Wispy & Flared set only on the outer corners – this stacked lash strategy elongates the eye even more and enhances your animal magnetism.
- Add a coat of mascara to blend the lashes with your natural ones.
- Finish off the look with a bright red lip and add a playful nose and whiskers using a waterproof eyeliner.
Pretty, Pretty Princess
What girl doesn’t have princess envy? Halloween is a chance to be royalty for a day. To make sure the look is more mature and less dress-up, go easy on the glitter (controlled placement is key), give cheeks a pop of color and get a come-hither flirty flutter that your prince charming won’t be able to resist.
- First, get silky smooth, luminous skin by using a primer and then applying foundation with a slight shimmer to achieve a “lit from within” glow.
- Using the EcoTools Powder Brush, set skin with a light dusting of powder and apply a pink toned blush to the apples of the cheeks.
- For the eyes, apply a primer to lids for stay-put power and follow with a sweep of innocent light pink shadow on the lids using the EcoTools Full Eye Shadow Brush. Then add depth to the crease and outer corners with a purple shadow.
- Blend both shadows down to line the lower lash line for a soft focus effect, placing the darker shade closest to the lash line.
- Use a black eyeliner to line the upper lash line and the outer edges of the lower lash line. Blend with the EcoTools Sharpen & Smudge Duo for a diffused line.
- Highlight just under the brow bone and the inner corners of the eye with a shimmery white shadow.
- Carefully apply a fine micro-powder shimmer in pink or gold over the entire lid for an essential, yet refined, princess sparkle.
- Curl lashes and apply EcoTools Naturally Beautiful Lash System in Soft & Dramatic to up the flirtation factor, using the applicator tool to press the strip firmly into your natural lash line.
- Apply a coat of mascara to both upper and lower lashes.
- Finally, dab a sheer coat of baby-doll pink gloss over lips.
The key to a traditional witch costume is to convey the concept while keeping the look fabulous. Adding green accents to a smokey eye (rather than heavy face paint) is a sure fire way to achieve an utterly bewitching result.
- Start this look with a coat of full coverage foundation and set with powder.
- Contour just under the cheekbones with a dark brown shadow or bronzer using the EcoTools Bronzer Brush.
- Brush through brows with the EcoTools Lash & Brow Duo and darken with a brow powder or pencil. Then brush a cream gold shadow lightly throughout brows for sheen.
- Apply an eye primer to ensure a good base for your smokey eye throughout the night.
- Line around the entire eye with a soft black kohl liner. Using the same pencil, define the outer corner of the eye by creating a “V” shape at the outer edges (bringing the liner about 1/3 of the way toward the middle of your upper lid).
- Blend and soften the liner edges with a stiff shadow brush, and don’t forget to line your water line to make sure no skin is visible between your makeup and mascara.
- Apply a dark, forest green shade from the middle of your upper lid outwards, working the product into your crease.
- Make sure to blend the edges of the shadow down into the black liner, and then highlight just under the brow bone with a bone-colored shade.
- Use lighter green shadow to dust into the inner corners of the eyes and along the lower lid, diffusing it 1/2 an inch under eyes for a subtly witchy hue.
- With the EcoTools Custom Coverage Buffing Brush, lightly dust some of the light green shade up above brows and down toward cheek bones.
- Apply EcoTools Naturally Beautiful Lash System in Naturally Lush to give just enough glamour to be cute, not creepy. Finish it off with a light stroke of mascara to blend the lashes with your natural ones.
- Keep the lip neutral to not compete with the green hues and help draw attention up to the eyes.